DRT Strategies delivers expert management consulting and information technology (IT) solutions to large federal agencies, the U.S. Navy, state and local government and commercial clients in health care, technology, and the financial services industries.
The three letters of our name, DRT, stand for Driving Resolutions Together, which is the core philosophy on which the company was founded. That is, we collaborate with our clients to solve their most pressing IT challenges - together.
We are problem solvers dedicated to your success, combining Fortune 500 experience with small business responsiveness. We have established a reputation with our clients as a forward thinking consulting firm with demonstrated success in implementing solutions that lead to meaningful results. Our world-class consultants unite people to work collaboratively to achieve project goals and make your vision a reality.
The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) is a component of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) managing a range of programs designed to reduce future losses to homes, businesses, schools, public buildings and critical facilities from floods, earthquakes, tornadoes and other natural disasters. The National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) aims to reduce the impact of flooding on private and public structures by providing affordable insurance to property owners and by encouraging communities to adopt and enforce floodplain management regulations.
- Provide formal actuarial data analyses and ratemaking support to client’s actuarial support team
- Responsible for providing ad-hoc actuarial analyses including large data base analytics and computer modeling as requested by client in support of the program’s ongoing mission
- Participate in weekly planning meetings, prepare and conduct presentation of data related management aids, and pro-active actuarial analyses
- Provide assistance and professional insight to partners and clients
- Provide statistical analysis
- Define problems, collect and clean data, and present findings
- Provide regression analysis and probability modeling
- Provide time series analysis and propensity score analysis
- Capture and analyze data
- Create and manipulate databases
- Provide data analytics as well as data visualization
- Check for technical accuracy of project deliverables and associated reports
- Coordinate with the project team, project managers, clients, and other contractors to compile all data necessary to produce the most up-to-date product
Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- Three (3) or more years of Experience in Actuarial field, preferably in insurance
- Conceptual knowledge of applied statistical methods, economics construction and evaluation of actuarial models
- Strong MS Excel and MS Access skills to leverage various data sources
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (oral and written)
- Strong organizational skills with a high focus on detail and accuracy
- Ability to research and analyze, problem solve, and offer insights and recommendations
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge and experience using Excel spreadsheets (required) and Access database systems
- Ability to work collaboratively with the client and other team members (Team chemistry is of great importance)
- Experience preparing short briefing documents (spreadsheets, talking points, process flows, standard operating procedures, PowerPoint slides, etc.)
- Advanced client management and customer service skills
- Knowledge of federal insurance management principles
- Knowledge of the National Flood Insurance Program
- Familiarity or experience in the broader insurance industry
- General actuarial consulting including audit and financial support services
- Innovation, enthusiasm, and creativity - ability to develop new ideas and to chart a path
- Ability to effectively juggle multiple tasks concurrently
- Member of American Academy of Actuaries and Associate or Fellow of the Society of Actuaries
Education and Training
- Bachelor's Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, or related field
DRT Strategies, Inc. (DRT) celebrates diversity and is proud to provide Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetics, disability, or protected veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, DRT complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.